Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tsurukoshi Udon @ Takashimaya Basement Food Hall Revisited

I thought that I would make a return visit to Tsurukoshi Udon, since I first visited them when they first opened, and was wondering if standards would change.

Ordered the curry udon this time, and a piece of kakiage and two pieces of ebi tempura. Their order before getting seated puts quite a lot of people off, but I guess it has to do with their limited seating.



The curry udon was basically udon in their curry sauce, with a single piece of parsley for decoration. For $9, it may come across as a little steep, but the sauce was actually delicious.



Unfortunately, the ebi tempura was still as disappointing as before. The kakiage was delicious though. Quite a generous serve of vegetables topped with shrimp, coated in tempura batter and fried. Oishi!

Next time, I think I will stick to the kakiage and the udon. The curry udon is good. I wonder how it stacks up against curry udon at Kazokutei.

Original Review for Tsurukoshi Udon

No comments:

Post a Comment