Thursday, December 2, 2010

Marutama @ Liang Court

Marutama opened up at Liang Court some time ago, perhaps to ease the burden on the original outlet at The Central. It makes sense since it is reasonably close to The Central, almost walking distance. It is positioned on the second level of the mall, just next to the entrance from the overpass.



While many ramen-ya maintain Japanese chefs to maintain authenticity, Marutama has localized. In fact, the two chefs in the kitchen where from China. The ramen is cooked via a timer, which beeps when the ramen is done.



I ordered my usual Nama Karashi Ramen with Ajituke Tamago and an order of gyoza. Having been to the original outlet at The Central not too long ago, I think that that outlet serves better ramen.

The Ajituke Tamago was still lovely and gooey in the middle. I think Marutama is the only ramen-ya that consistently produces that standard of egg. Even though the ramen is cooked by timer, I felt that the ramen at the other outlet had slightly more bite.



The gyoza is served boiled, rather than fried. It is also served in their sauce, so you don't mix your vinegar and chilli oil by yourself.

Next time I crave Marutama, I think I will head to The Central...

Rating: 7.5/10
Website: http://www.ma-rutama.co.jp/
Address: #02-01/01 Liang Court Shopping Centre, 177 River Valley Road
Phone: 6837 2480
Hours: 1130 hrs - 2200 hrs
Price: $1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment