Thursday, December 2, 2010

EGG @ Orchard Central

EGG or Eatalian Gourmet Garage has a cool sounding name. It resides in a rather quiet basement section of Orchard Central, so I think many people do not even know that it exists. I chanced upon it while trying to get to Centrepoint from Orchard Central, spoke to a member of staff and decided to give it a try.



Ordered the squid-ink pasta, since I am a fan of squid-ink, and a lava cake for dessert. Let's just say that I was a little underwhelmed by the presentation of the pasta. It was ordinary egg pasta (yellow), with a squid-ink sauce with a few slivers of squid. It reminded me of something that would come out of a pseudo-Italian family restaurant, except that EGG was owned and set up by an Italian!



The lava cake fared slightly better, though I have my doubts if it was made in the same kitchen. The serving size was small, and the presentation was so plain.

I really do not think EGG will survive. Location does not help, and the presentation and price point do not encourage patronage.

Rating: 4.5/10
Website: none
Address: #B2-12 Orchard Central, 181 Orchard Road
Phone: 6634 0080
Hours: 1100 hrs - 2200 hrs
Price: $1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment