Monday, December 6, 2010

Nando's @ Tanglin Mall

I had noticed that Nando's had opened up at Tanglin Mall while I was on my way home a few nights ago. Decided to give this outlet a try, even though the previous experience with the outlet at Bugis Junction was appalling.

Nando's has to do something about their wait staff working as greeters. I arrived during lunch, and the greeter at the front seemed to be more interested in chatting to her colleague. Good thing her colleague noticed me, and got me seated.

The restaurant was not crowded, with about five tables filled. Good thing that even though I was seated in a corner, hidden from the rest of the restaurant, that service was actually quite prompt (a huge improvement on the Bugis Junction outlet, where I was seated in full view of everyone and still had to wait for service). Ordered a half-chicken with coleslaw and peri-chips, which was delivered to my table in no time.



I must say that although their serving of coleslaw was generous, the peri-chips looked a bit pitiful. They were both tasty, although the coleslaw tasted a bit on the sweet side. The chicken was quite a generous portion (you have to order half for a main meal, quarter is just too little), but was way too salty. I don't know what it is with Nando's, but they are very heavy-handed on the salt, even with their sauce. Thank goodness the coleslaw was there to take away some of the saltiness.

The outlet gave a much better experience than their sister outlet in Bugis Junction. Too bad that it is so new that it is not even listed on their website! I will still vote Barcelo's for the better peri-peri chicken in Singapore. Will have to try their concept restaurant at NEX...

Rating: 5.5/10
Website: http://www.nandos.com.sg/
Address: #01-14/15 Tanglin Mall, 163 Tanglin Road
Phone: 6235 3555
Hours: 1000 hrs - 2200 hrs
Price: $$

No comments:

Post a Comment