Thursday, November 25, 2010

Tsurukoshi Udon @ Takashimaya Basement Food Hall

I chanced upon Tsurukoshi Udon one day, when I was wandering around Takashimaya. With ramen eateries the current rage, udon just might catch on. Although I think that the texture of udon is not to everybody's liking.

As an introduction to the place that has recently set up in the Basement Food Hall of Takashimaya, I decided on ordering the Ten-Don with Mini-Udon. It would give me an idea about their food offering.



You order and pay for your food, before sitting down and waiting for the food to arrive. In fact, the food took a while to arrive.



The Ten-Don, I admit, was a little uninspiring. I think I like the tempura at the Raffles City Food Court better, especially when the rice was overcooked. The udon was much better, with firm texture. The broth had that oomph that told you that it was not a something of an instant udon meal.

Rating: 6/10
Website: http://www.ghf.co.jp/tsurukoshi/index.html
Address: B2 Takashimaya Food Hall, Ngee Ann City Tower A, 391 Orchard Road
Hours: 1000 hrs - 2130 hrs
Price: $1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment