Friday, November 12, 2010

Daikokuya @ Paragon

I have been wanting to try Daikokuya for some time, so I decided to drop in this evening. The place was quite full when I got there, but cleared out by the time I was done at about 9 pm. I had asked the manager to recommend me their specialty, and was told that the Sapporo Miso Ramen was their specialty, although he personally liked the Kyushu Kogashi Ramen. Decided to try the Sapporo Miso Ramen, since that is what they are known for.



The bowl of ramen was served promptly, and the Ajituke Tamago was nicely soft and gooey in the centre. The ramen came with a thick slice of chasu, which unfortunately had a strong smell of pork and was a little dry, and was garnished with corn, scallions, menma and a piece of seaweed. The miso broth was rich and satisfying, real tummy-warming stuff, so it was really let down by the chasu. The ramen itself was cooked nicely firm and was complemented by the miso broth.

Rating: 7/10
Website: http://www.daikokuya.com.sg/
Address: #B1-47, Paragon Shopping Centre, 290 Orchard Road
Phone: 6737 5416
Hours: 1130 hrs - 2230 hrs
Price: $1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment