Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Yoshimaru @ Holland Village

A bunch of us decided to pop by Holland Village last night to try Yoshimaru Ramen Bar. Yoshimaru serves Hakata style ramen, and has been franchised by the Jumbo group in Singapore. We popped in past 10 pm, so the place was pretty empty. I asked what was their signature dish, and was told that it was the Original Hakata Ramen, and so I ordered it.



We were all presented with the sesame grinders, like those you get in tonkatsu restaurants. That was the first time I was presented with the grinder in a ramen shop, and enjoyed grinding my toasted sesame seeds.



I realize that I generally like Hakata style ramen, because the ramen is done al dente. The broth was surprisingly good too. The char-siu paled in comparison with Santouka though. The tamago was nicely soft in the middle too.

Rating: 6.5/10
Website: http://yoshimaruramen.com.sg/
Address: 31 Lorong Liput, Holland Village
Phone: 6463 3132
Hours: 1100 hrs - 1500 hrs; 1800 hrs - 2300 hrs (Mon - Fri)
1100 hrs - 2300 hrs (Sat/Sun/Pub Hols)
Price: $1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment