Friday, February 18, 2011

Hu Hu Udon @ 1ON Orchard

I noticed that the turnover of stalls in the Basement Food Hall at 1ON Orchard is quite quick. I am not surprised, since not many people seem to patronize the stalls there, and rents must be prohibitively expensive. Many of the vacated stalls have stayed empty.

Anyway, I decided to try Hu Hu Udon, as I continue to try to get a grasp of udon eating. Since I started eating Curry Udon, I have been quite addicted, so I decided to get a Katsu Karai Udon.



There is a large piece of chicken katsu, served on top of the curry udon. The katsu was a little disappointing, since the meat looked a little too processed. The curry udon, however, was much better. Bits of meat are apparent in the curry sauce and is well complemented by the thick strands of udon.

As with the other stalls in the Food Hall, ambience is lacking, but prices are slightly cheaper than in restaurants. Perhaps people do not mind paying more for the ambience, and that is why the restaurants in the building are better patronized than the Food Hall.

Rating: 5.5/10
Website: none
Address: #B4-56/57, 1ON Orchard, 2 Orchard Turn
Phone: 6509 3256
Hours: 1100 hrs - 2200 hrs
Price: $1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment